Roller skating is an excellent exercise which helps the whole body. It is an aerobic activity which strengthens your heart. Skateboarding is a sport which requires excellent balancing skills. It is the art of balancing that keeps you firm on the board mounted with wheels. The boards you choose for skating is very important as this is a sport where there is a high risk of falling especially during the learning phase. Have a look at the reviews of some boards at chooseboards.com before deciding which board to buy!
According to www.skatepark.org, the popularity of this sport is increasing day by day. More and more people are getting attracted to it. Kids find this sport so interesting that they start practicing skating at a very young age so that they become experts easily. Having told about the health benefits of this sport, let us see in detail how it helps in making you strong and fit!
How skateboarding helps your health?
Lower leg muscles, Hamstrings, Quadriceps and Gluteus Maximus, are the muscles which get worked out during roller skating. All these muscles get enough exercise that they become strong in the process.
Roller skating improves the following aspects of your health.
· Endurance- Regular roller skating practices increase the endurance of your body. Once your body’s endurance is more, you would not be easily affected by minor physical stresses. Your body will resist them and learn to cope up easily and quickly.
· Flexibility- Staying firm on a skateboard is not very easy. Once you master the process, you would have mastered flexibility as well. Your body needs to be highly flexible to adjust the balance and keep your feet and the whole body balanced on the board.
· Complete workout- Skating does not involve just your legs. It is a complete body workout. Your upper body including arms has to be moved and twisted appropriately to stay balanced on the board. Hence skating activity tones out your entire body.
· Calorie burning- Skating requires a lot of physical actions and hence it is a real calorie burner. One hour of skating every day ensures that enough calories are burnt.
· Enhances precision- You cannot stand firm on a skate board the very first time you try it. It involves falling down and getting up a lot of times. Slowly you learn how to adjust your body to prevent falling down. It teaches you the techniques of precision and most importantly the valuable lesson of life, that is to get up again and again after every fall!
Get rid of ailments!
Regular skating practice keeps you healthy and enables you to stay away from diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular issues, increased blood pressure, etc. The benefits on your body would definitely reflect on your mind as well. It is an excellent leisure time activity which helps to keep your mind relaxed. It removes unnecessary stress, anxiety, depression, etc. and helps you to stay happy and active.
Skating offers fun and fitness at the same time. So why to wait again? Grab your skateboard now and go ahead! Have fun and stay healthy!