Auctions are exciting and fun, but at the same time exhausting and complicated as well! An auction is not like a normal fundraiser event supported by a professional group. It has far more responsibilities and requires the PTO of the school to take most of the responsibilities on its own. Auctions are very profitable if executed rightly by the right group. Have a look at ifonly charity auctions to get a brief idea about auction planning and execution.
An auction is not just a fundraising activity. Instead, it is a social event which brings together a lot of people. Parents, staff and their families make use of such events as their chances to interact with each other. It can also be a charity auction where many are benefitted. Check out charitybenefitauctions.com to know more. In some schools, the annual auction event has gained much popularity that it is celebrated in much vigor every year. Here are some tips to increase the profit from your school auctions.
Planning early makes a lot of difference when it comes to the success of an auction. Companies should be requested well in advance for donations. Short notice will reduce the number of donations you get. Moreover, if you are planning an off-campus event, the venue has to be blocked well in advance. The event should be designed considering the type of your community. Choose a location and format which the majority are comfortable with.
Take the help of parents to collect auction items. Collect a broad range of items at different prices. Distribute the work wisely between the volunteers. Each class can be given separate auction targets so that it encourages the teachers and students to work more efficiently. The presentation of the auction items should also be done appealingly to attract the bidders. Choose a theme which reflects the purpose of your event effectively.
The on-site volunteers should be trained well. Start the arrangements early in the day. Make sure that the table length is sufficient to display all the auction items. Poor lighting will make it difficult for the bidders to read the bid sheets. So cross check the lightings. Be prepared with extra lamps. Provide entertainment such as DJ to keep the crowd energized.
Here is a summary of Do’s and Don’ts of an auction for your easy reference.
· Encourage your families to help in obtaining donations.
· Bring maximum creativity in the auction items. The bids increase depending on their uniqueness.
· Price auction items at various levels. Every item should not be placed at very high prices.
· Do proper advertising well before the event. This will help in the pre planning for group bidding especially in the case of items which are dependent on dates.
· Express gratitude by sending a thank you note to your volunteers and donors.
· Never underestimate the amount of work required.
· Opening bids should not be priced very high. This would make people uncomfortable.
Keep these points in mind and work hard for the success of the auction! All the best for your event!